School History

Bryker Woods Elementary School was built in 1939 and has served our community continually since that time. It has been a regular elementary school, a science magnet school, a school for kindergarten through 3rd grade (paired with Campbell Elementary School for 4th through 6th grades), and now one of the few remaining schools for students in kindergarten through 6th grade. Students attending our school live in all parts of the city–approximately 5% attend Bryker Woods on a transfer basis.

Learn more about the history of Bryker Woods Elementary

The Bryker Woods Anthem “Bryker Woods Forever!”

Bryker Woods forever!
The best school in our town.
We’ll stand be-side her
and we’ll never never never ever let her down.
Through the years that follow,
we’ll keep our banner high.
We’ll be faithful Brykerwoods as years go by.


Bryker Woods Elementary Library circa 1940s