The Bryker Woods PTA (BWPTA) actively supports the social, emotional, physical and educational development of our children. We strive through our volunteer assistance and financial support to assist our school administrators and teachers to educate our children and make Bryker Woods the best school in our town!
What Does PTA do?
As part of the national Parent Teacher Association, BWPTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality. Our mission locally is also to strengthen the sense of community between BW parents, faculty and area businesses through events, programs and initiatives; and to foster meaningful communication between all. We hope all parents, teachers and staff will join BWPTA to help carry out this mission.
Throughout the year BWPTA fulfills our mission with ongoing volunteer support. We need volunteers to help monitor the playground and cafeteria, maintain “Go Green” initiatives, provide coffee to parents on Monday mornings, help our sister school Zavala, bring lunch items for monthly staff appreciation lunches, shelve books in the library, work in the office, make copies for teachers, clean up the grounds, and much, much more. Please think about how you see yourself helping out at Bryker Woods and contact the PTA President to find the perfect opportunity for you!
BWPTA enhances our children’s education with funding for field trips, classroom supplies, library books, professional development for teachers, technology improvements, PE and Music equipment, Creative Arts enhancements, STEAM lab instruction, grounds improvements and many other areas.
Some specific programs BWPTA funds:
- Technology Specialist
- Supplemental Teacher training
- Science Fair
- Creative Action programming in the classroom
- Film Kids
- Chess Club
- AxBW Arts by Bryker Woods talent show
- Water days
- All School Picnic
- Evening Parent Programs
How Can I Stay Informed about PTA?
- PTA General Meetings are often held in conjunction with another event, like a student performance or parent program. These meetings are about 15 minutes long, and inform the general membership of PTA programs. Often a vote is asked for various things like amending the budget, electing officers, and setting priorities.
- PTA Executive Board Meetings: BWPTA officers and committee chairs conduct BWPTA business by approving projects, programs, expenses and budget changes. We also give reports on the progress we are making towards our goals for the year. These meetings last about an hour and a half and all PTA members are welcome to attend.
- PTA also communicates through this website, LIVING TREE, the weekly newsletter BWPTA News, and on our bulletin board in the hall. Please check these for current events and announcements. And to help everyone communicate with each other offline, the PTA also produces a student directory for every family free of charge, to be distributed around Oct. 1st.
See list of the PTA officers and committee chairpersons