We hope all of the Bryker Woods Panthers out there are busy thinking of amazing science projects to work on over winter break! We can’t wait to see your hard work and scientific discoveries put on display at the Science Fair on January 26, 2017.
New –> science-fair-packet-2017
Here are some important dates & details to remember!
- The Science Fair will be held on 1/26/17
- Boards cost $5.00. Email Jarred Maxwell: firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com to reserve your board or stop by his table to purchase and/or pick up your board.
- To enter, you must turn in a Registration Form to your teacher on or before 1/19/17. LATE FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- The top 12 overall projects from grades 3-6 will be invited to take part in the Austin Energy Regional Science Fest on 2/18/17
- Students may work individually or partner with up to 2 classmates
- Students in grades 3-6 may only partner with students in the same grade level
- The messy stuff stays at home! Take pictures of your project and post them on your display board
- No volcanic eruptions!
- Questions? Contact Ms. Vincent or Ms. Noid, or email the Science Fair Committee at email@example.com
Why should you do a science fair project?
- It’s your chance to find out more about something that makes you curious!
- It can be fun and messy (if you want it to be)
- It gives you an opportunity to learn about science and a chance to practice being a scientist.
- Every participant gets a ribbon. Top projects (only grades 3-6 are eligible) will be invited to take part in the Austin Energy Regional Science Fest in February.
All students, from kindergarten through sixth grade, are encouraged to participate. Students may work individually or with one or two partners.